Salt Security, Inc. and its affiliates d/b/a “Salt” (“Salt”, “we” or “us”) respect the privacy of users of its website at https://salt.security/ (the “Site“) and related services (“User” or “you”) and are committed to protect the personal information that their Users share with them. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2. Information We May Collect On Our Users
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
a. Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering into and/or using the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User’s ‘click-stream’ or searches on the Site, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, etc.
b. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address, UDID and other unique identifiers, mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location, advertising and security purposes as further detailed below.
In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide whilst contacting us via the site (including when requesting for a demo), which includes the User’s first and last name, his/her job title, company, telephone number and work e-mail address. Additionally, you may optionally provide via the “contact us” or “request a demo” forms on the Site any text you wish to insert into the “message” box. Once your contact details are received by us, our representative will contact you for further communication. Our representative may collect additional Personal Information from you.
Personal Information may be collected as part of any communications with Salt, by any means, including through our social network pages, by approaching our customer services, attending Salt events or during sales calls (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
Personal Information may be included in your User Generated Content that you may upload or generate through use of the Site. Such information may include, for example, information you included within a comment you uploaded to the Site in response to an article available on the blog on our Site.
We also obtain information from other sources, which include information obtained from third party vendors and publicly-available sources, information provided by third parties which helps us determine your location based on your IP address and data providers, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, from which we obtain demographic, interest based and online advertising related data.
3. How Do We Collect Information On Our Users?
There are a few methods that we use:
a. We collect information through your entry and use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
b. We collect information which you decide to provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you contact us through the Contact Form, request a demo or apply for a job.
c. We collect information from third parties. Such information may include mailing lists, information obtained from your social network accounts, information obtained from the organizers of events which you attended and other information available from public sources.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What Are The Purposes Of The Collection Of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site and services.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Site.
- Display ads and send you offers.
- Keep the Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users.
- Respond to your inquiry and to contact you for marketing and sales purposes.
- Provide the Users with commercial materials, updates about Salt’s developments, new offerings, news regarding the Site and services, etc.
- Display ads and send you offers. We may also use your Personal Information in delivering third party advertisements to you. This may include “targeted ads” based upon your interactions with our Services.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes, including in order to improve our Services. Please note that in general we analyze aggregate data for such purposes, rather than specific user data, however we may need to analyze a specific case to address a specific problem;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests;
- Email tracking – we may use tracking technology within the email we may send you in order to improve interactions with you and to better understand whether our emails were opened and read, and such tracking may include capturing the time and date in which you opened our email messages and the type of device you use to open such emails.
5. Sharing Information With Third Parties
Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through Salt’s authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as, hosting cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
For avoidance of doubt, Salt may use Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its discretion.
6. Social Features
7. Deletion Or Modification Of Personal Information
In any event, if for any reason you wish to delete or modify Personal Information, please send us an e-mail with adequate details of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the Site may remain on our servers indefinitely.
Please note that the laws of your local jurisdiction may provide you with certain privacy related rights, such as a right of access, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right of data portability and right to object to processing of Personal Information. If you wish to exercise such rights and find that you are unable to do so via the Site, please send us an email with adequate detail of your request to email@example.com.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and your information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. SALT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
10. Third Party Service Providers
11. Links To Third Party Websites
Certain links provided in the Site permit Users to leave our Site and enter non-Salt sites or services. Those linked sites and services are provided solely as a convenience to you. Those linked sites and services are not under the control of Salt and it is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or services, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content advertising, products, services or other information on or available from such linked sites and services or any link contained in a linked site or service. Salt reserves the right to terminate any link at any time. You further acknowledge and agree that Salt shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such linked sites or resource.
12. Cookies and Local Storage
13. International Data Transfer
In order to provide the Site, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
14. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Salt’s e-mail address that appears in the Site or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
16. Have Questions?